One batch of batter is divided to produce this delectable double-layered cheesecake. Be sure to soften the cream cheese thoroughly so that it combines easily with the other ingredients to form a smooth batter.
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty foil. Combine all crust ingredients in medium bowl until crumbs are moistened; press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan. Bake 8 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl at low speed until smooth. Beat in flour. Add eggs two at a time, beating just until combined.
3. Pour 2 1/2 cups of the batter into medium bowl; stir in vanilla. Refrigerate. Dissolve coffee powder in cream; stir into remaining batter. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the coffee batter; refrigerate. Pour remaining coffee batter into crust. Place pan in large shallow roasting or broiler pan. Add enough hot tap water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
4. Bake 40 minutes. Carefully slide oven rack out several inches; pour vanilla batter around edge of cheesecake (batter will flow evenly to cover top of cake). Drizzle with reserved 3 tablespoons coffee batter. Carefully pull tip of small knife through batter to create swirls.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are puffed and top is dry to the touch. Center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid. Remove cake from water bath; remove foil. Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours. Refrigerate uncovered overnight. (Cheesecake can be made 3 days ahead.) Store in refrigerator.
PER SERVING: 495 calories, 36 g total fat (21.5 g saturated fat), 9 g protein, 35.5 g carbohydrate, 170 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, .5 g fiber