Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh Honey!


I think I'm going to invest in beehives...I mean, really , to make real honey... I've always wanted to do that. I will dress up in the net and fetch me some honey...maybe I can sell some too....have you seen the prices of honey lately?? Yikes

This is some real honeycomb I bought at a regular grocery store. I believe I paid about 8 bucks for the jar. It's good to buy local honey because it can help you with local plant allergies... don't ask me how, but that's what they claim.

3 comments:

  1. Honey prices are high because of beehive collapse. Be careful -- you could invest a lot of time and money in honey production and find yourself without any bees one day! Here's Wikipedia article on it:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_collapse_disorder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucy! Great advice..... I will investigate for sure! xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, might be fun for a hobby tho!

    ReplyDelete